Friday, July 23, 2010
Found a super fun website, Bakerella.com
So many great baking ideas! Love it :) Bakerella even has a book coming out. Definitely a website worth checking out. Enjoy!
I'll be making some of these for Aiden's birthday celebration! I'll post pics next month :)
(The pic shown here is from google images).
Want to make your own cake pops?
1 box cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
1 can frosting (16 oz.)
Candy melts (1 lb. pkg.)
Edible ink pens
1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can frosting. (I use the back of a large spoon, but it may be easier to use fingers to mix together. But, be warned, it will get messy. Also, you may not need the entire can of frosting, so start out by using almost the entire can and add more if you need to.)
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet. (Should make 45-50)
4. Melt chocolate in the microwave per directions on package. (30 sec intervals, stirring in between.)
5. Dip the tip of your lollipop stick in a little of the melted candy coating and insert into the cake balls. (Insert a little less than halfway.)
6. Place them in the freezer for a little while to firm up.
7. Once firm, carefully insert the cake ball into the candy coating by holding the lollipop stick and rotating until covered. Once covered remove and softly tap and rotate until the excess chocolate falls off. Don’t tap too hard or the cake ball will fall off, too.
8. Place in a styrofoam block to dry.